Boston, MA area
* email: email@example.com
Also see: professional recommendations on Glenn's LinkedIn profile | Glenn's publications/media credits/speaking engagements |
view or download 2-page highlights version of this resume (Adobe .pdf)
Avanade Inc., Seattle, WA. North America Group Manager, Talent Sourcing Center of Excellence, September 2014 - present.
- Build out "internal RPO" model based on success of previous years with expanded offshore team (native Chinese / English as a second language) for online candidate pipelining and ATS administrative tasks for data integrity.
- This team, combining active and passive lead generation in US and Canada and junior onshore callers handling first-contact phone screens, generated over 1/3 of the NA region's external full-time professional non-campus total hires.
- Trained offshore sourcers on tools/methods; developed and lead company's first internal sourcing certification program.
- Leverage new fields and workflows to make Taleo Enterprise Edition ATS a much more productive source of datamined leads, resurfacing qualified candidates from dormant reqs and career path reverse engineering for candidates with non-updated skills.
- Developed prototype for eventual intranet SharePoint request form portal that streamlines communication and sourcing tracking between offshore and onshore teams.
- Developed diversity sourcing strategy for company used on LinkedIn, in industry associations and other virtual communities.
- Created progressive cadence for personalized inmails and multimedia emails that skyrocket response rates (usable with or without a recruiting CRM) with standardized subject lines and message bodies that can be sent onshore or offshore, that keeps passive talent warm and facilitates candidate engagement, leveraging internal SMEs outside of recruiting to scale the creation of content.
- Continue other key initiatives from previous four years (see below).
Avanade Inc., Seattle, WA. Group Manager, Talent Sourcing SWAT Lead, September 2010 - August 2014 ($2 billion global IT solutions joint venture owned by Accenture and Microsoft formed in 2000).
- Develop and implement talent sourcing strategies, primarily focused on US and Canada
- Engage in SWAT sourcing projects for hard-to-find IT solutions developer talent using direct sourcing, social networking and virtual communities, advanced boolean search, etc.
- Build competitive intelligence collection system on intranet SharePoint site utilizing RSS feeds and ad hoc data.
- Company lead for LinkedIn (inmail templates, company standard profile optimization including multimedia and RSS feeds, and other best practices), worked with recruitment marketing lead on Work With Us ad campaigns.
- Leverage employees' social networks to automatically redistribute key content (e.g., company and SME blog posts via Dlvr.it) to their followers to amplify the recruiting brand message in a consistent way and simplify the "employee ambassador" role.
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend recruiting sites and automation tools, separating shiny objects from useful ones.
- Train sourcing and recruiting team members worldwide on methods and tools
- Special projects for talent heatmapping in NA and internationally.
Arbita, Minneapolis, MN. Vice President, Arbita Consulting & Education Services (ACES), September 2008 - September 2010 (joined company via Shally Steckerl's JobMachine prior to its merger with Arbita).
- Lead R&D content development for sourcer / recruiter training programs to help build customers' passive candidate pipelines through advanced boolean search, Internet and phone sourcing, social recruiting, email campaigns/newsletters, and other recruitment marketing and research methods
- Present wide range of customized sourcing/recruiting workshops and consulting sessions to dozens of clients (Fortune 50 corporations to boutique staffing firms)
- Subject matter expertise: advanced Internet and phone sourcing; building niche online talent communities; social media recruiting and branding strategies; email campaigns and newsletters; sourcing tools, systems and automation (lead storage and marketing via CRM vs. ATS, spiders, bookmarklets, etc.); search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM) for recruiting; job posting best practices.
- Develop new sourcing- and social recruiting-related products and services, such as the Arbita Educational Webinar Series (up to 1,500+ registrants/event) and Recruiter GuruGuides educational e-commerce products (formerly JobMachine CheatSheets) for search engines and social networks
- Run needs assessments with large and small corporate recruiting departments and third-party search firms to help customize and sell in consulting and training offerings.
- Develop training follow-up exercise materials to insure learning was absorbed.
- Present consistently highly-attended/rated recruiting workshops and webinars at various major conferences and regional recruiting associations such as ERE, Kennedy, RCE, AOEP, SMAGC, NAPS chapters, etc.
- Created and marketed profitable webinar series co-presented by internal and external recruiting industry experts, and helped develop multi-city sourcing workshops roadshow in 2010.
- Conduct regular trainings to help sell Arbita OneSource, a services-enhanced, private label version of Broadlook Technologies' Diver product.
Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA / Waltham, MA. Recruiting Researcher, Global Central Sourcing Team, July 2005 - September 2008.
- Used wide array of online resources, software and web-enabled tools, and innovative Internet search techniques to find highly-skilled passive leads who met specific software development candidate profiles.
- Consulted with management on systematic improvements to sourcing processes.
- Worked cooperatively with peers on creating and implementing industry best practice sourcing methodologies.
- Conducted internal sourcing training for recruiting teams globally.
- Niche software developer sourcing for Microsoft's six primary international development centers and recruiting competitive intelligence for the key companies, universities, communities, awards, etc., in the related geographies
Getronics North America, Billerica, MA. Business Systems Analyst IV (Lead Sourcer, Recruiter Trainer & Career Webmaster), Recruiting Operations, June 2003 - July 2005.
- Led the sourcing effort for the company's recruiting team to find passive candidates for senior-level and other hard-to-fill job openings.
- Redesigned and maintain US career website, including significant development of new content and functionality, to reflect industry best practices.
- Served as lead trainer of advanced Internet recruiting techniques for the department.
- Instituted innovative internal and external e-marketing efforts for recruiting purposes.
- Demoed, evaluated and recommended for purchase third-party tools to improve recruiting and productivity.
- Served as first-line liaison on applicant tracking system (ATS) problems; developed functionality specifications for enhancements.
- Researched and adapted best-in-class methodology for employment branding online.
MyJewishLearning.com, Hebrew College, Newton Centre, MA. Marketing & Community Manager, 11/02 - 6/03.
- Led all e-marketing efforts for non-profit Jewish learning web site.
- Coordinated design, production and distribution of print marketing collateral.
- Coordinated appearances at major trade shows.
- Developed aspects of web site in consultation with senior editorial, technical and general management.
ReadyAbout Interactive, Boston, MA. Project Manager & Director of Internet Recruiting, 11/00 - 4/02.
- Project manager for various high-end interactive projects (web, CD-ROM, etc.) for external and internal clients from Fortune 500 firms on down, managing staff, contractors and vendors in application development and graphic design. (See annotated descriptions of sample project management assignments.)
- Pioneered Web site search engine optimization for the firm, as implemented on client Altio.com.
- Spearheaded recruiting and applicant tracking efforts, and corporate e-marketing initiatives for the company, including full editorial responsibilities (see www.readyabout.com/newsletter).
VillageGenie.com, Inc. (now ExecuPlanet.com), Boston, MA. Vice President, Content, 3/00 - 10/00.
- Developed content strategy for rich content/functionality modules that are supplied as private label plug-ins to client Web sites. Company acquired by leading outplacement firm, Lee Hecht Harrison.
- Devised navigation structure and content for each page of product demo.
- Worked closely with Web development vendors towards beta release of product.
- Wrote or co-wrote all copy for corporate Web site and client/investor marketing materials.
- Supervised team of four Web Research Analysts to build content databases for the company's plug-in modules.
Community Newspaper Co., Needham, MA. Interactive Product Manager and Commercial Content Editor, 10/96 - 3/00.
- Oversaw launch of and maintained CommunityClassifieds.com and its component sites: Town Online Working (CNC's career resources Web site for Eastern Massachusetts); ParentandBaby.com (parenting resources); Town Online Real Estate (for Boston Homes, South Shore Homes, etc.); Town Online Newcomers (Newcomers Guide); and Town Online Introductions (online personals).
- Town Online Working won the newspaper industry's two most prestigious awards for online products in 1998: the EPpy Award (Editor & Publisher) and Digital Edge Award (Newspaper Assn. of America).
- Strategized and coordinated compilation of editorial resources throughout the CNC enterprise for deployment on these sites.
- Developed and systematized new sources of online content (e.g., career experts for live chats, special columnists, etc.) to complement print publications' weekly content.
- Wrote and supervised compilation of content from various departments for corporate intranet.
- Trained staff and wrote online documentation for various editorial, software and Web database procedures.
- Developed roster of presenters for job-seeker seminars and one-on-one counselors for all CNC career fairs.
- Revitalized corporate intranet; wrote and supervised compilation of content from various departments; researched, evaluated and helped install third-party vendor functionality to intranet.
Recruiting-Online.com, Inc., Sharon, MA / Norton, MA. President, September 1997 - present.
- Research, develop, market and present Advanced Online Recruiting Techniques seminar in varied formats to associations and recruiters from hundreds of companies of all sizes and industries.
- Developed and presented Internet sourcing modules at all "Stepping Up to Diversity" seminars presented by Frank X. McCarthy & Associates / Diverse Workplace Inc. Clients included Harvard University, Merck, Millipore, etc.
- Panelist and speaker at many human resources and recruiting conferences (e.g., featured industry analyst at Monster.com's quarterly off-site meeting, 6/02); frequent guest on The Job Show (WABU-TV/68).
- Frequently published writer on online recruiting and job hunting techniques (archive: www.recruiting-online.com/press.html).
- Official Internet recruiting certification instructor for NEHRA.com (2000), Jobfind.com / Boston Herald (2001) and BostonWorks.com / Boston Globe (2002).
- Boston Globe (11/01 - 6/02): E-newsletters strategist and writer; developed and presented training of BostonWorks.com product line to Globe sales staff and select customers; developed job-seeker seminars track and secured roster of presenters and personal career counselors for all BostonWorks job fairs.
EDUCATION, DISTINCTIONS AND SKILLS:
- Yale University, New Haven, CT. B.A., cum laude, Psychology/Organizational Behavior, May 1987.
- Archibald MacLeish/Garry Trudeau Prize, Yale University. For graphic and literary style in a college newsletter, 5/87.
- EPpy (Editor & Publisher) and Digital Edge (Newspaper Assn. of America) awards for best commercial Web site by a newspaper, besting larger competitors' entries (Boston Globe, Washington Post, etc.), 1998.
- All MS Office apps; graphics and publishing software; Web site development; medium Spanish fluency.
- Facility with numbers and letters: Math SAT score 800 (out of 800); tested typing speed 75 wpm.
BOARDS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP), Member, 2004 - 2008.
- Northeast Human Resource Association (NEHRA), Member, 1998 - 2003 and Internet recruiting certification instructor, 2000.
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), Member, 2001 - 2003.
- Maple Common Neighborhood Association, Trustee/Officer, 4/02 - present.
- Temple Sinai of Sharon, Officer, Board of Trustees, 2008 - present.
- Maple Commons Neighborhood Association, Trustee/Officer, 4/02 - 4/03.
- National Association of College Broadcasters, Providence, RI. Chairman of the Board, 1/94 - 1/96.
- PROMAX International, Los Angeles, CA. Member, Education Advisory Committee, 4/91 - 6/93.
- Yale Broadcasting Company, New Haven, CT. Member, Board of Governors, 11/91 - 11/97.
References furnished upon request
Copyright 1997-1998 Glenn Gutmacher. Copyright 1999 -
Recruiting-Online.com. All rights reserved. No copying or redistribution without written permission. Email