Sample content from the course
This is just scratching the surface of all that the Advanced Online Recruiting Techniques course offers in any of its formats. These are edited versions of the more detailed information on the corresponding page(s) in the course:
- Biotechnology / Healthcare / Medical Devices / Pharma Niche Resources (part 1 of 6) - Job boards list
- Biotechnology Niche Resources (part 2 of 6) - Associations/Portals list
By popular demand, the entire 6-page biopharma section from the full course is now offered as a very inexpensive standalone module
- Books for Internet recruiters - though our concern remains that books about any aspect of the Internet become out of date soon after printing, the ones listed here are keepers.
- College portal sites - great places to find entry-level talent
- Construction industry workers - where to go to find these professionals
- Corporate and Collegiate Alumni Networking Services
- Customer service - customer support and call center portals and job boards
- Diversity candidate sources - associations and job sites to find minority workers
- Email to SMS trick - great use of bookmarklets to contact prospects via their mobile phones
- Employee Referral Programs / Networks - a new online twist to traditional employee referral programs that expands their reach, typically using financial incentives
- Expert networks - great way to find experts or offer yourself as one
- Finance and Accounting sites - niche boards to reach these professionals
- Freelance worker sources - to find contract and temporary talent for project work, start with these recruiting sites
- HR / Recruiting: resources to find these professionals
- Industry Associations in Massachusetts - some trade groups to get you started in this East Coast high tech mecca
- Latest Internet recruiting articles written by Glenn
- Military/ex-Military candidate sources - among the most dependable workers you can find, and highly skilled
- Newsletters for Internet recruitment - selected ones among the free and paid, print and online.
- Online polling tools - great way to engage candidates, get media coverage, etc.
- Petroleum engineers - resources to find these valuable candidates
- Project managers - resources to find these valuable candidates
- Recruiters' Networks - the comprehensive list that many have since copied
- Recruiting in the UK - a useful start to key resources
- Salary Surveys and Geographic COLA Comparisons - where to get salary data by job title, cost of living by location, etc.
- Sales and marketing - where to find these candidates (or to find those jobs)
- Targeted Email Address Datamining - some ways to find email addresses
- Technical terms glossaries / dictionaries - comprehensive lists to help you understand IT jargon
- Trade associations by state - important groups for networking, posting your jobs, etc.
- Virtual Networking sites / Social networking portals - we predicted this trend in an article written in summer 2002 for CareerXRoads' 2003 edition; ever since, portals continue springing up to take advantage of the Internet aspect to the "six degrees of separation" phenomenon
- Women recruitment sources - this isn't just a diversity category anymore
Copyright 1997-1998 Glenn Gutmacher. Copyright 1999 -
Recruiting-Online.com. All rights reserved. No copying or redistribution without written permission. Email